Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Album Review: She & Him - Volume Two




She & Him - Volume Two


01. Thieves
02. In The Sun
03. Don't Look Back
04. Ridin' In My Car
05. Lingering Still
06. Me And You
07. Gonna Get Along Without You Now
08. Home
09. I'm Gonna Make It Better
10. Sing
11. Over It Over Again
12. Brand New Shoes
13. If You Can't Sleep





Standout Tracks: In The Sun / Me And You / Gonna Get Along Without You Now


As much as I love these two (Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward), this sophomore release is just pretty much blah. I mean I do think "In The Sun" is a strong single and will probably further their recognition, but I just don't see myself coming back to listen very often. Also, Zooey's vocals on "Over It Over Again" remind me of Tracyanne Campbell from Camera Obscura and make me want to listen to them instead. Volume Two is out today via Merge.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] She & Him
[Website] She & Him

[Count Me Out] Video: She & Him "In The Sun"
[Count Me Out] She & Him "Thieves"
[Count Me Out] She & Him "In The Sun"
[Count Me Out] She & Him Announce Volume Two
[Count Me Out] Video: She & Him and Jenny Lewis on Elvis Costello's Spectacle
[Count Me Out] Video: She & Him on MTV Canada
[Count Me Out] Video: She & Him "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?"
[Count Me Out] She & Him Announce Tour Dates
[Count Me Out] Video: She & Him on Craig Ferguson
[Count Me Out] Video: She & Him on Conan
[Count Me Out] Album Review: She & Him - Volume One
[Count Me Out] She & Him "You Really Got A Hold On Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment