Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Album Review: Rogue Wave - Permalight




Rogue Wave - Permalight


01. Solitary Gun
02. Good Morning (The Future)
03. Sleepwalker
04. Stars And Stripes
05. Permalight
06. Fear Itself
07. Right With You
08. We Will Make A Song Destroy
09. I'll Never Leave You
10. Per Anger
11. You Have Boarded
12. All That Remains





Standout Tracks: Good Morning (The Future) / Stars And Stripes / I'll Never Leave You


I applaud Rogue Wave for continuing to make music after all of the trials and tribulations they've encountered over the last few years. The most recent being Zach Rogue's neck injury, where doctors encouraged him to stop playing music all together. Unfortunately the band has returned with some mediocre songs, while trying out some new electronic based sounds. On the other hand, though the initial impact isn't as great as some previous tunes, I will say that these are getting better with each listen. Permalight is out today via Brushfire.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Rogue Wave
[Website] Rogue Wave

[Count Me Out] Rogue Wave on The Interface
[Count Me Out] Rogue Wave "Good Morning"
[Count Me Out] Rogue Wave Announce Permalight
[Count Me Out] Video: Rogue Wave "Like I Needed"
[Count Me Out] Free Rogue Wave EP
[Count Me Out] Rogue Wave on Fabchannel
[Count Me Out] Video: Rogue Wave "Chicago X 12"
[Count Me Out] Video: Rogue Wave on Letterman

No comments:

Post a Comment