Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Album Review: Sara Watkins - Sara Watkins




Sara Watkins - Sara Watkins


01. All This Time
02. Long Hot Summer Days
03. My Friend
04. Freiderick
05. Same Mistakes
06. Any Old Time
07. Pony
08. Lord Won't You Help Me
09. Jefferson
10. Give Me Jesus
11. Bygones
12. Too Much
13. Will We Go
14. Where Will You Be





Standout Tracks: All This Time / Long Hot Summer Days / Too Much


I'm sensing a an odd mix between Norah Jones and of course Sara's previous sound with Nickel Creek. I can't decide if it's a good mix or not, but I will say it's a fairly solid solo debut. Sara Watkins is out today via Nonesuch.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Sara Watkins
[Website] Sara Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment