Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Grammy's 2008


To be honest, I have never been a big fan of the Grammy's because I mostly don't care for most of the music up for nomination, however I decided to tune in this year. Some highlights include Kanye West's emotional performance in tribute to his mother's recent death. The Beatles/Across The Universe/Circus De Soleil performance was pretty sweet. Feist's performance wasn't bad either, but you could definitely tell she was nervous. I dig the backing horns in "1234," but I personally like the full band better. I am still a little unsure on Amy Winehouse's performance, it seemed slightly sloppy. A few unfortunate loses were Feist for "Best New Artist"/"Best Female Pop Vocal Performance"/"Best Pop Vocal Album"/"Best Short Form Music Video", Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova for "Best Compilation Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture"/"Best Song Written For Motion Picture", Wilco for "Best Rock Album", Arcade Fire for "Best Alternative Music Album". To summarize the evening, Winehouse definitely cleaned house.


No comments:

Post a Comment