Sunday, April 4, 2010

David Bazan at House Cafe (04.03.10)




With no Chicago show on this second tour in support of his latest solo release, Curse Your Branches, out via Barsuk, David Bazan and band made a stop at the House Cafe, tonight in Dekalb. Since I missed the first go around last fall, I decided to take the hour long venture up north and boy am I glad that I did. Covering a good chunk of the new album, Bazan was kind enough to play some old Pedro The Lion and Headphones favorites. I was literally in awe when the played "Penetration," a tune off 2002's Control, one of my favorite albums of the last decade. Headlights were also on the bill and sounded pretty great.


Setlist

01. I Do
02. Transcontinental
03. The Man In Me (Dylan Cover)
04. Please, Baby, Please
05. Bearing Witness
06. When We Fell
07. Magazine
08. How I Remember
09. When They Really Get To Know You They Will Run
10. Shit Talker
11. Harmless Sparks
12. Fewer Broken Pieces
13. Bands With Managers
14. Bad Diary Days
15. Cold Beer And Cigarettes
16. I Never Wanted You
17. Penetration
18. In Stitches


[Myspace] David Bazan
[Website] David Bazan

[Count Me Out] David Bazan Announces New Tour Dates
[Count Me Out] David Bazan on Daytrotter
[Count Me Out] Video: David Bazan House Show
[Count Me Out] David Bazan "Bless This Mess"
[Count Me Out] Album Review: David Bazan - Curse Your Branches
[Count Me Out] New David Bazan Album In September
[Count Me Out] David Bazan "American Flags"
[Count Me Out] David Bazan Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment