Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Album Review: Sondre Lerche - Heartbeat Radio




Sondre Lerche - Heartbeat Radio


01. Good Luck
02. Heartbeat Radio
03. I Cannot Let You Go
04. Like Lazenby
05. If Only
06. Pioneer
07. Easy To Persuade
08. Words And Music
09. I Guess It's Gonna Rain Today
10. Almighty Moon
11. Don't Look Now
12. Goodnight





Standout Tracks: Good Luck / Heartbeat Radio / I Cannot Let You Go


I think Sondre Lerche is a very good songwriter, however, the tunes on this record appear to be a little all over the place. I mean, I do enjoy most of them, but there just seems to be this weird clash between upbeat drumming and slow jazzy strings. Heartbeat Radio is out today via Rounder.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Sondre Lerche
[Website] Sondre Lerche

[Count Me Out] Sondre Lerche "Good Luck"
[Count Me Out] Sondre Lerche Announces Heartbeat Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment