Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Album Review: Monsters Of Folk - Monsters Of Folk




Monsters Of Folk - Monsters Of Folk


01. Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)
02. Say Please
03. Whole Lotta Losin'
04. Temazcal
05. The Right Place
06. Baby Boomer
07. Man Named Truth
08. Goodway
09. Ahead Of The Curve
10. Slow Down Jo
11. Losin Yo Head
12. Magic Marker
13. Map Of The World
14. The Sandman, The Brakeman And Me
15. His Master's Voice





Standout Tracks: The Sandman, The Brakeman And Me / Say Please / Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)


A great record, which should be expected, from some of my folk favorites. However, though great, I am slightly torn because most of these just sound like they could just be taken from a solo record. Granted you can hear collaboration, but I feel like their should be little more. For example, "The Sandman, The Brakeman And Me," sounds like an amazing M. Ward song. I also feel the urge to mention that I really dislike this album art, but oh well. Monsters Of Folk is out today via Shangri-La.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Monsters Of Folk
[Website] Monsters Of Folk

[Count Me Out] Video: The Monsters Of Folk Interview
[Count Me Out] Monsters Of Folk Reveal Album Art
[Count Me Out] Stream 2 New Tunes From The Monsters Of Folk
[Count Me Out] Monsters Of Folk Announce Tour Dates
[Count Me Out] Monsters Of Folk "Say Please"
[Count Me Out] Monsters Of Folk Announce Self-Titled Debut

No comments:

Post a Comment