Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Album Review: Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest




Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest


01. Southern Point
02. Two Weeks
03. All We Ask
04. Fine For Now
05. Cheerleader
06. Dory
07. Ready, Able
08. About Face
09. Hold Still
10. While You Wait For The Others
11. I Live With You
12. Foreground





Standout Tracks: Foreground / Two Weeks / While You Wait For The Others


Definitely my most anticipated release of 2009. Now I admit, I am a sucker for Daniel Rossen, but man oh man, Ed Droste thrives on this record. His voice just puts me in another world. I'll even throw it out there that "Foreground" may possibly be my favorite track of 2009. On the other hand, I have a real good feeling that "Two Weeks" is going to be a pretty big hit and will take this amazing group to the next level, whatever that may be. Veckatimest is out today via Warp.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Grizzly Bear
[Website] Grizzly Bear

[Count Me Out] Video: Grizzly Bear "Two Weeks"
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear Black Cab Session
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear on WNYC's Soundcheck
[Count Me Out] Video: Grizzly Bear on Jools Holland
[Count Me Out] Video: Grizzly Bear w/ Victoria Legrand "Two Weeks (Live)"
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear "Cheerleader"
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear Announce Spring Tour Dates
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear Confirm Veckatimest
[Count Me Out] New Grizzly Bear Album Update + Rumors
[Count Me Out] Download 4 New Grizzly Bear Tunes
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear "Service Bell (feat. Feist)"
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear "Deep Blue Sea"
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear Album Update
[Count Me Out] Video: Grizzly Bear "Fine For Now (Live)"
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear at Lollapalooza
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear "Mother And Child Reunion (Paul Simon Cover) (Live)"
[Count Me Out] Video: Grizzly Bear on Letterman
[Count Me Out] Video: Grizzly Bear on Conan
[Count Me Out] Video: Grizzly Bear on Craig Ferguson
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear "While You Wait For The Others (Live)"
[Count Me Out] Grizzly Bear on Morning Becomes Eclectic

No comments:

Post a Comment