Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Album Review: Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion




Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion


01. In The Flowers
02. My Girls
03. Also Frightened
04. Summertime Clothes
05. Daily Routine
06. Bluish
07. Guys Eyes
08. Taste
09. Lion In A Coma
10. No More Runnin
11. Brothersport





Standout Tracks: My Girls / Brothersport / Summertime Clothes


One of my most anticipated records for 2009 and it definitely lives up to all the hype. This record is pretty fantastic. Merriweather Post Pavilion is out today via Domino.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Animal Collective
[Website] Animal Collective

[Count Me Out] Another New Animal Collective Record
[Count Me Out] Animal Collective Announce More Tour Dates
[Count Me Out] Animal Collective Share New Album Art
[Count Me Out] Animal Collective Announce Merriweather Post Pavilion
[Count Me Out] Video: Animal Collective Interview on Pitchfork

No comments:

Post a Comment