Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Album Review: Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight




Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight


01. The Modern Leper
02. I Feel Better
03. Good Arms Vs. Bad Arms
04. Fast Blood
05. Old Old Fashioned
06. The Twist
07. Bright Pink Bookmark
08. Head Rolls Off
09. My Backwards Walk
10. Keep Yourself Warm
11. Extrasupervery
12. Poke
13. Floating In The Forth
14. Who'd You Kill Now?





Standout Tracks: Old Old Fashioned / Good Arms vs. Bad Arms / Poke


This album isn't bad, but it just doesn't really do anything for me. I don't think I'm in love with the singer either. He's not bad, but he just reminds me of a Scottish Conor Oberst meets Adam Duritz. There are a few decent tunes and I especially like the last track, but in the end, nothing that's going to frequently bring me back for a listen. The Midnight Organ Fight is out today via Fat Cat.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Frightened Rabbit
[Website] Frightened Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment