Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Album Review: The Magnetic Fields - Love At The Bottom Of The Sea




The Magnetic Fields - Love At The Bottom Of The Sea


01. God Wants Us To Wait
02. Andrew In Drag
03. Your Girlfriend's Face
04. Born For Love
05. I'd Go Anywhere With Hugh
06. Infatuation (With Your Gyration)
07. The Only Boy In Town
08. The Machine In Your Hand
09. Goin' Back To The Country
10. I've Run Away To Join The Fairies
11. The Horrible Party
12. My Husband's Pied-a-Terre
13. I Don't Like Your Tone
14. Quick!
15. All She Cares About Is Mariachi





Standout Tracks: Andrew In Drag / All She Cares About Is Mariachi / God Wants Us To Wait


Love At The Bottom Of The Sea is out today via Merge.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Website] The Magnetic Fields
[Facebook] The Magnetic Fields

[Count Me Out] Video: The Magnetic Fields "Andrew In Drag"
[Count Me Out] The Magnetic Fields "Andrew In Drag"
[Count Me Out] Video: Stephin Merritt "Dream Again (Franz Ferdinand Cover)"
[Count Me Out] The Magnetic Fields Announce Love At The Bottom Of The Sea
[Count Me Out] Stephin Merritt "Forever And A Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment