Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Album Review: Brendan Benson - My Old Familiar Friend




Brendan Benson - My Old Familiar Friend


01. A Whole Lot Better
02. Eyes On The Horizon
03. Garbage Day
04. Gonowhere
05. Feel Like Taking You Home
06. You Made A Fool Out Of Me
07. Poised And Ready
08. Don't Wanna Talk
09. Misery
10. Lesson Learned
11. Borrow





Standout Tracks: Poised And Ready / A Whole Lot Better / Don't Wanna Talk


Some pretty solid pop rock tunes, especially "Poised And Ready," however, I do feel some lines seem a little forced to rhyme at times and sound a little corny. My Old Familiar Friend is out today via ATO.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Website] Brendan Benson
[Facebook] Brendan Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment