Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Album Review: French Kicks - Swimming




French Kicks - Swimming


01. Abandon
02. Over The World
03. Carried Away
04. New Man
05. Said So What
06. Atlanta
07. Love In The Ruins
08. With The Fishes
09. Way You Arrive
10. All Our Weekends
11. Sex Tourists
12. This Could Go Wrong





Standout Tracks: Abandon / New Man / Said So What


I want to start off by saying that when I first heard the French Kicks, back in 2004, right about the time their album The Trial Of The Century was released, I was lucky enough to see them live, literally days later and have been a fan ever since. Now back to 2008, the band, now a four-piece, have released their forth album, however, this time they recorded it all on their own. I can't promise you that these are the best songs they have written to date, but I will say this record is fairly solid. Swimming is out today via Vagrant.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] French Kicks
[Website] French Kicks

[Count Me Out] French Kicks Announce More Tour Dates
[Count Me Out] French Kicks "Abandon"

No comments:

Post a Comment